Award-winning news and politics show host, producer, and contributor. Viral comedy creator. Writer and political commentator. Web culture. Digital strategist with experience running a video channel on the largest YouTube news and politics network on the web.
As seen on TV, radio, and the internet.
CAFE.com Video Producer (Writer / Director / Editor) | 10/2015 - Present
- Writing/directing/editing daily politics and comedy video content as video lead for CAFE.com, a new media comedy brand by Some Spider covering news and politics.
- Directing in the field on CAFE Original Series' that took us to CPAC 2016, the White House, the 2016 Democratic Primary Debate in Brooklyn, and to Hoosick Falls, NY where water hearings will reportedly be held based on our viral video on the water crisis there.
- Working on all media issues ranging from A/V tech, social, livestreaming, etc.
- Creating daily viral hits that have accrued tens of millions of views.
The Majority Report Producer / Contributor | 4/2011 - 10/2015
- Producing/writing/editing audio & video content for The Majority Report, a live broadcast, YouTube channel, and podcast show hosted by comedian and MSNBC contributor Sam Seder
- Co-host of "Matt & Mike Mondays," daily on-air contributing, producing segments, reporting, creating and curating content, guest booking, soundboard op., prepping and directly working with show host Sam Seder.
- Managing YouTube channel on The Young Turks Network, working directly with The Young Turks team on a growing channel.
- Building social media channels, search engine optimization for all daily show content.
- Winner of the past four (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) New Media Expo Podcast Awards for Best Politics/News Podcast.
Dealery + Spotery.com Site Editor/ Social Media / SEO | 4/2010 - 2012
- Dealery.com: Social media, community development, outreach (site covered by Mashable, Fox Business, CBS), branding, biz dev with deal sites at a growing startup - the second largest daily deal aggregator on the web.
- Spotery.com: Front page editor, content creator, social media & SEO strategy for Dealery's former sister site, a social news curation website.
Freelance Web Media Digital Strategist | 2006 - Present (Freelance)
- Running SEO, SEM (including PPC management), Social Media, Viral / Guerilla Marketing campaigns and web project management for clients. For example:
- SEO project work for the executive job board TheLadders.com.
- SEO and web consulting for Screen Media Pictures. Optimizing the film distributor's new media ventures such as VOD website Popcornflix.com.
- Developing, acquiring various domains and websites including a niche social network which was later acquired by a well-known entertainment company.
Freelance Film/Video Work Production | 2004 - Present (Freelance)
- Writer, producer, director, editor, (actor) on numerous shorts, promos, web videos.
- Improv work on web video for PeteWentz.com featuring Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy, Travie McCoy & Gym Class Heroes.
- Shot Fangoria Convention behind-the-scenes shoot for horror feature film.
- Production Assistant on eBay '08 commercial series.
- Top 3 storyline/pitch in the Massify.com / After Dark Horrorfest 2008 competition.
Nikki and Sam’s Club In-House Band Booker | 4/2004 - 6/2006
- Booking and promotion of events, concerts, and bands for shows.
- Coordinating day of events. Managing venue operations, opening/closing, scheduling of staff, managing day's revenue.
Saddle Up! Booking Band Booker | 2/2003 - 4/2006
- Coordinating events and bookings at venues such as Irving Plaza, CBGB’s, Knitting Factory, and more.
- Managing fan base, promo material, online marketing, social media accounts.
Creating hit viral comedy vids, hosting web shows, partaking in debates, directing shorts.
Published in GOOD Magazine, Salon, BoingBoing, WhatCulture, among others. Created and ran one of the top ranking blogs on Tumblr, PublicShaming.
Guest appearances on MSNBC, HuffPost Live, RT America, Bloggingheads.tv, The Michelangelo Signorile Show on SiriusXM, Ring of Fire Radio, and more.
My work has been mentioned in media outlets such as G4's Attack of the Show, MSNBC's All In with Chris Hayes, The Ed Show, and The Reid Report, Slate, Gawker, Business Insider, and The Washington Post to name a few.
School of Visual Arts Class of 2008
Major: Film and Video
BFA Degree (Major: Film and Video)
WSVA Monday Morning Radio DJ
Upright Citizens Brigade NY 2013 - present
Program: Improv (Completed: 101, 201, 301, 401)
- Internet research expert. Well versed in social media & search engine optimization. Experienced with most video editing suites, audio editing software, and photo editing applications. Proficient with Final Cut. Familiar with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop.
- Comedy, Politics, Pro Wrestling, Punk Rock, Film, Horror, Internet, Tech, Domain Names, Blogging, Video Games, Current Events, Pop Culture